in

Post-GE2020: Meme highlights from Polling Day (and night)

After weeks of intense politicking, Singapore’s most unusual general election yet is finally over, with the nation pulling off a successful election amidst the Covid-19 pandemic. 

Nonetheless, it’s all done and dusted. The ruling People’s Action Party (PAP) retains its supermajority in Parliament this time around but lost the newly carved-out Sengkang GRC to the opposing Workers’ Party (WP), which now has 10 elected MPs in office. 

In what has been dubbed a crisis election, the PAP won 61.24 per cent of the overall votes, a 8.66 per cent drop from its 69.9 per cent share in the 2015 polls. The share of the popular vote was not as high as he would have liked and Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong acknowledged that there indeed was a “clear desire for a diversity” of views in Parliament. 

What do you think?

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Total votes: 0

Upvotes: 0

Upvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Downvotes: 0

Downvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Thailand: Woman and 2 cats found dead in condo

Coronavirus: Bollywood stars Amitabh Bachchan and his son test positive for Covid-19